HELPING HOMELESS FAMILIES GET PERMANENT HOUSING
Kahumana's Rapid Rehousing is helping over 150 homeless families acquire permanent housing with the assistance of state, city and federally funded programs. The program has a low barrier to entry coupled with a high expectation for participants to actively work towards stability.
Our case managers work directly with homeless families to provide:
support in finding a permanent unit
financial assistance for security deposit & first month rent
assistance in qualifying for state medical insurance
harm reduction substance abuse treatment
access to behavioral health resources
We are so proud of our clients who work hard towards self-reliance, like a single mother of 8 who received Section 8 housing and is now employed on part our team to help other families.
WHO WE SERVE
1. Our rapid rehousing residents are referred to us through the State Coordinated Entry System based upon unit availability for HPO RRH, PSH and ESG RRH.
2. Our HPO Prevention clients do not need to be referred and is only for those who are imminently at risk of being homeless within 14 days (ex. illness in the family, loss of job, incarceration of family member) who can prove sustainability with earned and/or unearned income. Assistance can be up to 3 months upon approval.
Our services are administered to those who qualify for:
Homeless Programs Office Rapid Rehousing
Homeless Programs Office Prevention
HUD Emergency Solution Grant
HUD Permanent Supportive Housing
Oahu Housing Now
Westside Coalition Team
The Permanent Supportive Housing program pays full rent for 13 of the most chronically homeless families who have a disabling condition or have been homeless for over a year.
Do our programs assist with past due mortgage payments?
No, we do not assist with paying for assets.
Do we assist with security deposit and first month rent for general public?
No, only for our CES referral programs.
If I am currently living in a rental unit but want to relocate to a different unit will your programs assist me?
No, we don’t assist with relocation. Call Aloha United Way (211) for more resources.
How do I get into the “system?”
You will need to be encountered by an outreach team through one of the following agencies. Please call one of the following to get more information on their process:
- Institute of Human Services (IHS): 546 Kaaahi St Honolulu HI 96717
- Kalihi Palama Health Center: 915 N. King St. Honolulu HI 96817
- U.S. Vets Outreach-Kapolei: 1772 Shangrila St Building 37 Kapolei HI 96707
- Kealahou West Oahu (KWO): 87-132 Farrington Hwy Waianae HI 96792
WE CAN RELATE.
Our staff approaches the issue of homelessness with compassion and understanding.
Rapid Rehousing &
Permanent Supportive Housing Program Manager